Last update: July 7, 2016
Island residents communicate through a newsletter, the web page, email groups, the Samish Island Bulletin Board at the island entrance, and a "saving resources" blog. There is also a print phone directory for residents, and a tide calendar adjusted for the island. All are published by the Samish Island Community Center. They are for sale at Blau Oyster, beginning in January each year.
The Samish Shore Lines is published monthly. Deadline for submissions is the first Thursday of each month. To read the Shore Lines, visit the What's New page of the Samish Island website. We have stopped home delivery of the print version, but it will always be available for you to print your own copy on the website;
You may also visit the Shore Lines page for all current and back issues.«Top
There are two email groups. Read descriptions on the Email Groups page, then decide which if you would like to join one or both groups.
Site map: see the layout of the site.
- Samish Island Community Center Board
- Charlene Day & Linda Larson, Shore Lines Editors
- Eileen Andersen, webmaster & e-groups manager
- Arts Committee and Garden Club Boards
This sign and bulletin board are maintained by the members of the Edgewater Garden Club for use by Samish Island Residents. Samish Island residents who are participating in events, musical or otherwise, are welcome to display a poster on the bulletin board. Please include your name at the bottom of the poster.
Non-resident postings will be removed. Please post only to the cork board using push pins and thumb tacks to attach your information - no nails, screws, or staples.
- Cell phone numbers must be accompanied by an Island address. Names should appear at the bottom of all posters.
- Never attach anything to the wood framework of the sign.
- Notices that don't meet the above criteria will be removed.
View a history of the Samish Island Sign.