Community Center & Rentals
|Rental Basics | Information Guide | Center Schedule | Community Center Photos Page | Extra Forms | «Return to Meeting Rentals Page|
The Samish Island Community Center is owned and operated by the Samish Island Community Center (S.I.C.C.). It is located at 11292 Blue Heron Road, Bow, WA 98232 (map).
The Community Center has been an integral part of Island life since 1946, when one acre of land was donated by Carl and Anna Rasar for the sole purpose of a community center. Fundraisers and donations by the newly formed Samish Island Civics Club helped build the hall, which was opened in 1948.
The Community Center also serves the island as an emergency shelter during power outages during winter storms. There is propane heat & stove to keep warm there. Contact a board member for a key, or the hall rental agent listed below in "How to schedule the community center."
Your annual dues of $10 help support hall maintenance & needs.
- Who can rent? The community center may be rented by SICC members and island residents. Friends from off-island may also rent, but must list an island sponsor on the rental agreement form.
- Memorial rentals: Island families may use the community center for a loved one's memorial service, at no charge. Please submit all paperwork & required forms, as well as a check for the damage deposit before the event.
- How to schedule the community center: Check the Community Center Schedule below, to assure your date is available. To get your event on this schedule, phone or email the rental agent, Eileen, at 766-8202. Leave voice message please, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information is in the Rental Information Guide.
- To view the community center before scheduling: You may visit the center in advance of renting, by contacting the rental agent. You may also find the Rental Information Guide useful for measurements of the hall interior, a map, important contacts, and other details that may help with your planning. There are also interior photos of the hall on this website.
- Do you need additional equipment? SICC has a video projector and a Bose sound system which may be rented for additional fees. Details and rental forms are in the Rental Information Guide. Please schedule equipment needs in advance.
- Complete the paperwork: Print the SICC rental agreement form, in the Rental Information Guide, (page 12-13, or below). Obtain your insurance information, write 2 checks (damage deposit & rental). Mail all needed items to the P.O. box listed on the form, about 10 days before your rental.
Many more useful details are in the Rental Information Guide. We recommend that you print the pages you need and bring them with you to your rental. There is valuable information such as emergency contacts, equipment directions - and the very important damage deposit checklist that you must return with the key.
Please Note: There is no wireless service at the hall; cell tower signals are weak inside the hall. This is good, if you prefer a conversational gathering. One can usually get a cell signal by stepping outside.
- Rental Information Guide
- SICC Rental Agreement form
- Equipment Rental Form
- Checklist for Damage Deposit Refund
- Floor Plan of Community Center
Community Center Schedule 2017
A firm reservation is a paid reservation. Please pay as early as possible to confirm your rental. (recommend one month in advance).
|2017||Reservations for 2017|
|Jan 7||Susan Deighton - family party, 5 hr rental, 4-9pm|
|Jan 10||SICC Board Meeting|
|Jan 15||Community Potluck Dinner & Meeting, 5pm|
|Jan 16-17||Darlene Mindrum (family memorial) (paperwork submitted)|
|Jan 26||Garden Club meeting, 10am (SICC)|
|Jan 29||Ann Reid, Nurith St Pierre (community open house to welcome new island neighbors and planning for future)|
|Feb 28||SICC Board Meeting, 7pm.|
|Feb 23||Garden Club meeting, 10am (SICC)|
|Feb 25||Edison Sportsman's Club (paid; insurance submitted)|
|Mar 11||Rinker Family memorial (no fee)(all paperwork submitted)|
|Mar 18||Nurith St. Pierre, family memorial (no fee)(paperwork complete)|
|Mar 20||SICC Board Meeting|
|Mar 23||Garden Club meeting, 10am (SICC)|
|Apr 15||Barbie Halgren, 1 - 6pm (memorial - no charge, paperwork complete)|
|Apr 18||SICC Board Meeting|
|Apr 27||Garden Club meeting, 10am (SICC)|
|Apr 30||Emergency Preparedness for any/all Islanders, with potluck (SICC) - Ann Reid organizer. Sound system and video projector also scheduled.|
|May 16||SICC Board Meeting|
|May 21||Community Potluck Dinner, Sunday 5pm|
|May 25||Garden Club meeting, 10am (SICC)|
|Jun 20||SICC Board Meeting|
|Jun 21||Susan Christensen, YMCA info meeting (reserved payment pending)|
|June 24-25||Sue Kerry, Family wedding (paperwork complete)|
|July 15||Scott Wisenburg, Memorial for Gary Storm and JoLynn Woodbury (paperwork complete, no fee)|
|July 15-16 off-site equipment rental||Rental of Bose Sound system (Eileen Smith-Moreland, paperwork complete)
(hall is available to rent these days, without sound system)
|July 18||SICC Board Meeting|
|Samish Island Arts Festival (setup on 28, festival 29, cleanup on 30th)|
|Aug 5||Paul Kramer, family wedding reception (paperwork submitted, need check & insurance form)|
|Aug 12-14||Heather and Barney Bourns Family Gathering (reserved, payment pending)|
|Aug 15||SICC Board Meeting|
|Aug 19||Scott Blau, Family Gathering (reserved, payment pending)|
|Aug 25||Mary Lou Wesen. Family Gathering (paperwork complete)|
|Aug 26||Matthews/Ballantine Graduation Event (deposit check, rental fee rec'd)|
|Sept 1-2||Colleen Unema - Family wedding & reception (reserved, payment pending)|
|Josh Ashton wedding reception; set up & clean up days included. Flossie Brinson, island sponsor (reserved, payment pending)|
|Sept 17||Community Potluck Dinner, Sunday 5pm|
|Sept 19||SICC Board Meeting|
|Oct 17||SICC Board Meeting|
|Oct 28||Jesse Wesen, wedding & reception (reserved, payment pending)|
|Nov 21||SICC Board Meeting|
|Dec 19||SICC Board Meeting|