Welcome to Samish Island!
“No Island Like Samish Island”
The Blue Heron Fourth of July Parade is back!
July 4th, 1 pm
We are happy to announce that the Fourth of July Parade on Blue Heron Road is back this year, featuring our very own Samish Island Marching Band! The Edgewater Garden Club will be selling Samish Island logo gear outside the Community Center.
So make a float, decorate your bicycle, car, or other vehicles, or just come enjoy the fun! Parade participants should gather at Fish Point (east end of Blue Heron Rd) by 12 noon. The parade Marshals will be staging all participants in the parade, so please give ample time for ordering.
Blue Heron Road will not be formally closed to vehicle traffic this year, but all residents and guests are STRONGLY discouraged from trying to drive on Blue Heron from 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm. There will be a lot of pedestrian and parade traffic during that time. If you own an Airbnb, particularly on or off of Blue Heron, let your guests know about the timing of the parade so they will be prepared.
Parking for parade attendees is kindly provided courtesy of the Community of Christ church in their field on Blue Heron. To access the field, turn right in the driveway at 11440 Blue Heron Rd, 1/4 mile beyond SICC. Plan to arrive no later than 12:30.
Come join your neighbors for some good old-fashioned fun!
“Walk On the Dikes” Encore Event
Sunday, July 10 10:45 am-12:15 pm
- Recently we held the first “Walk on the Dikes” event and it was a great success. The weather was perfect, too.Thanks to our two Skagit County Dike Commissioners, Norm Hoffman and Jim Sullivan, we learned about the history, purpose and future of the dike system that surrounds and protects Samish Island.
- Because of its popularity, we have arranged to hold another walk on July 10. After the presentation, you will have the opportunity to walk an area of the dikes normally restricted.
- All neighbors, new and old, and children are welcome. No pets, please! Carpool if you can. Come breathe the salt air and learn something.
- Please RSVP as capacity is limited; text Marnie Pennington at 206-445-5257.
- Parking: Enter the access road at the west end of D’Arcy off of Bayview Edison Rd. Look for Marnie’s red car.
Attention 2022 Arts Festival Volunteers!
We need lots of volunteers to help with the 2022 Arts Festival, including:
Setup Friday 7/29/22, 1-4 pm
Event Saturday 7/30/22, Various 2-2.5 hour slots, 7 am-4 pm
Cleanup Saturday 7/30/22, 4-6 pm
There are many ways to help, for just a couple of hours or longer if you have the time. It is great way to help out with this fun event and meet your neighbors. Contact Linda Larson for more information. Click on her name to email her, call 360-770-7550, or click here to sign up for a slot, or a couple of slots!