Help Support Our Mission
SICC is heavily dependent on donations to support our activities. We are most grateful for the ongoing support of our community.
Samish Island Community Center, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) recognized by the IRS. EIN 91-1118682. All donations are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Ways to Give
Click the button above to donate by credit or debit card. You will be taken to a PayPal page, but a PayPal account is not required to donate there; just click on the option there that will say “Donate with a debit or credit card”.
Mail a check to:
Samish Island Community Center
P.O. Box 268
Bow, WA 98232
Recommend a grant from your Donor-Advised Fund
Consider a Qualified Charitable Distribution from your IRA
If you are 70-1/2 or older, have a traditional Individual Retirement Account (IRA), and do not depend upon your IRA’s required minimum distribution for living expenses, you may be able make tax-free gifts totaling up to $100,000 per year from a traditional IRA account directly to qualified charities. Funds must be transferred directly from your IRA to the charitable organization. Consult your IRA custodian and/or tax advisor.
Support SICC through Fred Meyer Purchases
Fred Meyer Community Rewards
Fred Meyer donates up to $550,000 per quarter to charitable organizations. The amounts they donate per organization are determined by the amounts purchased by customers who participate in their Community Rewards program. To participate, customers must have a Fred Meyer Rewards card or the rewards card of another Kroger-owned chain such as QFC. The card must be linked to an online account and swiped with each purchase. To select a charity:
- Sign on to the Fred Meyer website or create an online account here: www.fredmeyer.com/signin
- Go to the My Account page
- Select Profile Information to link your Rewards Card to your account
- Return to My Account
- Select Community Rewards
- Select a charity. Samish Island Community Center can be found by name, or by their organization number, which is XS927.
Volunteering is fun!
- Community Center: Set up/clean up at a Center event, help with the annual March clean-up.
- Join Island groups: The Fire Department, Edgewater Garden Club, Community Garden
- Lend a hand at events: Arts Festival, Fourth of July parade, All-Island Yard Sale, Halloween Party, Holiday Celebration.
- Special talents: Do you have a special talent that you would like to contribute? Contact any Board member.