Rent the Community Center for your next meeting or event!
The Community Center, located at 11292 Blue Heron Road, has been an integral part of Island life since 1946 when one acre of land was donated by Carl and Anna Rasar for the sole purpose of a community center. Fundraisers and donations by the newly formed Samish Island Civics Club helped build the center, which opened for use in 1948.
The Community Center may be rented for weddings, memorial services, family reunions, parties, meetings, or other group gatherings. The center can hold 99 people. The Rental Package includes a comprehensive list of the equipment and features of the Center, including a detailed floor plan with measurements.
See additional photos here.
Community Center Rental Basics:
The Community Center may be rented by SICC members and Island residents. Friends from off-Island may rent but must have an Island sponsor.
- Current Rental Rates: $100 per day (Islanders); $125 per day (non-Islanders with Island sponsor).
- Memorial Rentals: Island residents may use the Community Center at no charge for a loved one’s memorial gathering. Both the hall and equipment rental fees are waived. Rental agreement paperwork, including insurance information and deposit(s), must be submitted before the event.
- Free use of the Center for Educational Community Meetings: You may hold a community meeting about Island interests or concerns free of charge if you meet conditions on this “Community Center Free Use Request” form. Complete the form and submit it for SICC Board approval. Once approved, please reserve your date and time. All rental details may be found in the Rental Package, above.
Check the Availability Calendar button above for available dates.
- There are three ways to schedule with the rental agent:
- Click the Request a Rental button above.
- Phone Ruth at 206-963-5723.
- Email Ruth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit the Community Center: You may visit the center in advance of renting by contacting the rental agent above.
- Complete the Paperwork: Print the SICC Rental Agreement Form at the back of the Rental Package. Obtain your insurance information (a pdf from your insurance company or copy the page of your insurance paperwork with the current date.) Write two checks (one for the damage deposit and one for the rental) and mail all items to the P.O. Box listed on the form no later than 10 days before your rental.
- Do you need video or sound system equipment? SICC has an Epson video projector and a Bose sound system which may be rented for use only at the Community Center. There is no off-site rental of this equipment. Fees are listed in the Rental Package.
- Print your Documents: We recommend that you print the Rental Package and bring it with you during your rental. It includes contact information for people who can help if necessary, emergency information, and the checklist for receiving the return of your deposit. Return the checklist when you return the key to the agent.
- Internet: WiFi is available at the Community Center. Renters may obtain the current password from the rental agent after all rental fees and paperwork have been submitted.
- Cancellations: We accept cancellations and offer a full refund if your event is cancelled 30 days or more before the scheduled date.
Emergencies at the Center:
- Locate the fire extinguishers.
- Don’t block doorways.
- Call 911 and give the address 11292 Blue Heron Road, Bow, WA 98232. The Samish Island Fire Department will arrive quickly.
- An external defibrillator for heart attacks is available at the center near the fireplace. Find someone at your event trained to use the defibrillator or watch this video of the automated external defibrillator.